Sunday, October 11, 2009

If Making Me Smile was an Olympic Event, You'd be Michael Phelps


Last weekend I was able to attend General Conference with a very nice young man named Dexter Powers. Some of you may have heard of him, yeah if you're reading this you almost certainly have. But anyway, I flew out to Salt Lake last Friday where my aunt picked me up from the airport. He drove down from BYU Idaho and met up with me at my aunt's house, where we stayed for the weekend. It was a ridiculously fun time. He did hit me in the face with a birdie playing badminton, but I'm almost over it now so it's ok. We were able to attend his two mission reunions which were very interesting. I enjoyed watching him interact with his mission buddies and presidents and whoever else. I was very impressed. The next day we went to the Saturday morning session and it was AMAZING. I felt like a lot of the messages were prepared just for me. I absolutely loved it. We spent a lot of time with my Aunt and my cousins. One of my favorite parts of the weekend was hanging out with my 13 year old cousin Elise and her friend. They absolutely loved Dexter, and he was really good with them. We played games and watched them be ridiculous. It was hysterical and it's good wholesome moments like that with family that really stay with me. They are the warm fuzzies in my memory jar. That night was my favorite. The next morning we went to the morning session once again. It was once again amazing, but we were both very tired, so he was nodding off meanwhile I was totally wired and couldn't sit still. It made the whole thing quite comical. Later that day we spent some time at my other Aunt's house. Another good time. And then suddenly, the weekend was over and I had fake glass in my forehead. BUT the good news is, he's coming to Palmdale for Thanksgiving! and I am absolutely ecstatic. I can't keep it in. That will make for an interesing blog entry. Check in in about 2 months and you can read all about it. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ah! we were in the same building and didn't even know it! (i went to the saturday morning session of conference). i'm glad you had a great time! i miss ya!

Emily Garrard said...

Ahhhhh! LOVE IT!!! He is CUTE! ;)