Saturday, October 10, 2009

Party City



Starting today, all of the employees at Party City will
get to either wear a costume at work, or have Halloween makeup plastered on their face. I think it is a great idea and it's lots of fun. It makes work a lot more interesting. My paint job up there, incase you couldn't tell, is supposed to look like I've got shards of glass in my face. I wanted a costume, and the idea of the makeup made me a little nautious at first but I got used to it and most people thought it was funny. It was a great conversation starter at the register. The only thing I'm not sure I liked was the fear I saw in the children's wide eyes as they gawked, tiny mouths open. One little girl pointed heedlessly and kept right on pointing as she held her mother's hand and walked out of the store, turning back to me to stare and keep that finger aimed right at my smiling bloody face. It was a pretty entertaining day. I always enjoyed people's reactions when they returned my question "How are you?" and I said simply, "I'm great." They just look and laugh expecting me to play up the makeup, yes well despite the deadly spikes protruting from my head, I really am great.
Love it.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

That is awesome! I wish I could dress up for work like that! haha

Jane said...

Looks like fun :). This post reminds me of when I took a stage make-up class at BYU and for extra credit. I participated in a "mock disaster" for all the EMTs and the hospital. They had everyone who wanted to volunteer in the Marriot Center and then after a little while they had a fake bomb go off and then they told people to evacuate. Before it happened we put make-up on people making them look like they got hurt and gave them cards to wear that told them how injured they were so the EMTs could practice handleing a large disaster.